DUTY TO WARN
SAFETY MAILING PROGRAM
The Propane Council of Texas’ Duty to Warn Safety Mailing Program is a service-based project that uses a Texas-specific comprehensive safety brochure with scratch n’ sniff that covers numerous important safety topics, including how to detect propane’s odor, what to do if you smell gas, carbon monoxide safety, lighting pilots, appliance maintenance, running out of gas.
The Texas Duty to Warn Safety Mailing Program opened on September 1, 2023, and closes on December 1, 2023, in order to successfully get out all mailings before the end of the year.
The most significant savings to you is that there is no cost for the mailed brochure to Texas propane retailers using our mailing program, and the Council covers the cost of the brochure and postage to Texas customers.
Each Texas retailer participant is responsible for two pass-through fees from our mail process center, a $38 fulfillment fee and a 9.5 cent per address list processing fee.
1. Texas propane retailers can go to the online registration form
2. Complete the online registration form and upload your Texas propane customer mailing list to the registration form.
Do not email your lists. The mailing list must in a spreadsheet with file extensions of .csv or .xlsx
3. When you register online, a registration package is automatically sent to a third-party mail house.
4. You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your registration is received.
5. Your company name is ink-jetted onto the Texas safety mailer.
6. The safety mailer is sent to your Texas customers within 30 days by non-profit bulk mail.
7. Once mailed and payment is received, you will receive a postage receipt and notarized affidavit from the mail house that your mailing is complete.